Tired of looking at your dirty kitchen and bathroom? It’s time to change that then. One of the major reasons why bathroom and kitchen look old and dirty is the grubby grout and old looking tiles. They also harbor mildew and mold, which are hazardous to your health.
You can keep your tiles and grout looking new and fresh with simple cleaning methods using natural products. Green Tile and Grout Cleaning is not only better for your health, it is also better for the environment.
You can use the following natural cleaning methods at home or for convenience, you can just hire Professional Cleaners who use natural cleaners.
1. Using Baking Soda to clean tiles- Baking soda does magic in the kitchen, beyond cooking. Yes, the light abrasive action of baking soda helps clean product residue, dust and water spots. Take a damp sponge and dip it in a dish with baking soda in it. Use the sponge to wipe countertops, tubs and tiles. Finish off by using hot water to rinse.
2. Removing tough stains- It can be rather tricky to remove certain stains on tiles. One great natural solution is white vinegar. Take a damp sponge in strong white vinegar and wipe down or scrub. Use a brush or sponge with baking soda and scour immediately.
3. Tough Spots and Stains- For removing strong stains, mix ½ cup of baking soda with 2 tbsp of borax and 2 tbsp of washing soda, add 3 tbsp of liquid dish soap.
Before using the soda mixture, pre-wipe the spot with full strength white vinegar.
To clean tubs, wipe with white vinegar first, then sprinkle the mixture and let it sit for fifteen minutes. Use a heavy-duty brush and rinse.
4. Cleaning moldy grout stains- Fill a spray bottle with 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide with 1 part water. Spray the mixture on grout. Let it sit for 45 minutes and follow up with a wipe down with sponge. Rinse to finish off.
5. Steam Cleaning- One of the best and natural methods of cleaning most parts of your household including tiles and grout is steam cleaning.
Steam cleaning removes dirt, bacteria, mold and soap residue with high heat and water pressure. Steam cleaners do not require any chemicals or cleaning products. You can hire or buy steam cleaners. Or, you can just hire Professional Tile and Grout Cleaners from time to time.
When steam cleaning, ensure that you do not use it to clean silicone joints and/or enamel or anodized surfaces.
What are the dangers of using bleach for cleaning?
Chlorine bleach is one of the most commonly used cleaners in households. It is effective against mildew and mold, soap residue and other pollutants. However, bleach has harmful effects, on environment and you health.
Inhaling bleach fumes can cause irritation to skin, eyes and respiratory tract. Occupational and Environmental Medicine published a study in 2015 which suggested that children exposed to bleach in household are at a greater risk of suffering from respiratory infection and illness, have 20 % higher risk of suffering from flu and 35% higher risk of suffering from recurrent tonsillitis.
Bleach is also toxic to aquatic life. Therefore, using natural substitutes is a much better option.